Roasted Balsamic Strawberry Salad
Strawberries and balsamic vinegar are like a very rare celebrity marriage.Taste-makers in their own right, bring them together for a glamorous and starry partnership that will never twinkle out.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a roasting tray with foil.
- Clean and halve a punnet/or two of strawberries.
- Arrange strawberries in a single layer.
- Douse with good quality balsamic vinegar. Don’t be shy now.
- Top with a sprinkling of muscovado sugar.
- Roast for about 30-40 minutes, until the strawberries are soft and the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze. (Check on them halfway through and give the pan a shake.)
- Allow to cool. Transfer strawberries and syrup to a container for chilling overnight.
- To assemble the salad; line a bowl with rocket leaves, toss through cubed feta and spoon strawberries onto the middle.